In a society where most topics are taboo, Dr. Dawn Michael fills the void by encouraging honest open communication about intimacy and sexuality.
As a recognized expert in the field of intimacy, sexuality and relationships, Dr. Michael works to create an environment where people feel comfortable asking, and getting information about their most personal questions. Dr. Michael makes it clear that talking about sex is not a “dirty” word; in fact sex should be discussed openly and honestly, without guilt, fear or shame. Drawing upon over 15 years of experience, Dr. Dawn Michael empowers adults to embrace their sexuality and challenge the impractical messages about sexuality that they may have learned from childhood and society. Dr. Michael is Comfortable when speaking about topics, including sexuality, intimacy, relationships, and sexual health, and encourages parents, members of the media, and educators to open their minds to new possibilities. Michael has published several hundred articles, been on national television and radio helping couples, individuals and parents to understand the role sexuality plays in their lives and the lives of their children, empowering parents to become better educators. Dr. Michael focuses on the intimacy of the couple to strengthen their marriage and create a more stable environment for their children, when a marriage is happy the family is happy. Dr. Dawn Michael is the founder of “The Happy Spouse” and intimacy counseling, drawing on the idea that when sexual intimacy is good in a relationship then couples tend to fight less, and this results in less stress in the home. As we all know stress at home can affect everyone in the home, including the children.
Dr. Dawn Michael Can Help You Improve Your Love Life!
Understanding the human body and the mind sexually is an area where many people lack important information that can affect their libido and their sex life! When in a relationship couples can talk for hours about problems that may never get resolved, but with intimacy counseling Dr. Dawn Michael will address your mind, body, hormones, sexual health, sexual patterns, better sex advice, communication and sex education.
When there is no intimacy in a relationship, or sex has become a chore, lack of desire, painful, performance anxiety or no longer fulfilling, then the relationship will suffer. Each couple is unique and therefore each intimacy session is tailored around the individual or couples treatment plan.
Clinical Sexology Counseling
When an individual is having a sexual issue it can affect all areas of their life. Working through those issues, understanding them, accepting them and finding solutions is what Dr. Dawn Michael offers to her clients.
Common Sexual Problems:
- Delayed Orgasm—-Persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay in or absence of attaining orgasm following sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal, which causes personal distress. (for males nocturnal emission may occur). Delayed orgasm can happen in both men and women. Most delayed orgasm is psychological, but some is related to medication and or health issue.
- Lack of Sexual Arousal - Persistent or recurrent inability to attain or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, causing personal distress. It may be expressed as a lack of subjective excitement, or lack of genital lubrication or swelling in women, erection in males, or other physical responses. Lack of desire can be situational or caused by other health related issues.
- Sexual Aversion Disorder – Aversion to and active avoidance of genital sexual contact with a sexual partner causing marked distress. The individual may experience anxiety, fear and/or disgust.
- Pelvic Pain Disorders – syndromes with various symptoms which often include pain and dysfunction related to urination (including interstitial cystitis), defecation and sexual activity.
- Dyspareunia – Recurrent or consistent genital pain associated with genital intercourse and sexual activity.
- Vaginismus – Recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the musculature of the outer third of the vagina that interferes with vaginal penetration which causes personal distress.
- Vulvodynia (Vulvar Vestibulitis) – is a syndrome that is marked by pain at the opening of the vagina when touched often associated with pain during intercourse.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Recurrent inability to attain and/or maintain a penile erection sufficient for sexual performance (impotence). Most men will experience some from of erectile dysfunction in their lives. Most of the time it is psychological, age related, or a small percentage is health related due to illness or loss of ability.
- Early Ejaculation – Persistent or recurrent occurrence of ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before, on or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it (premature ejaculation). This can be triggered by anxiety, performance anxiety and in a small percentage of men it can happen spontaneously.
- Delayed Ejaculation – Delay in reaching ejaculation during sexual activity. When a man is unable to ejaculate due to psychological issues.
- Erection Problems: Maintaining an erection, losing an erection or the inability to control erection.
- Lack of pleasure during orgasm: Having orgasm but not feeling the same pleasure involved, decrease in sensation, or less pleasurable.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: Occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm.
- Loss of lubrication: Lack of self lubrication in women leading to painful intercourse, and inflammation of the bladder.
Comments from clients
“Dawn made it so comfortable for my husband and myself to talk openly about sexual issues in our marriage. We had lost the passion and were having a difficult time expressing that to each other. It had been several years since we really had connected with each other sexually and I was feeling like we were never going to get it back. We had been to marriage counseling which helped a little but it was more about the connection rather than the little problems. Dawn helped us to reconnect in ways that I thought were not possible. Thanks Dr. Michael for helping us find the passion in our marriage again!
“I made the appointment for my wife and myself because I felt like she was not enjoying sex with me anymore and I still felt very attracted to her. After a few sessions with Dawn, my wife began to open up about herself. Dawn gave us home assignments to do that were fun and we had a chance to explore sexuality in a new way. The best part was having my wife back again and feeling like she was enjoying making love to me again. Dawn I thought I would never have my wife back again, but this time around with your help it is even better!”
“Sex had been painful for me for the past 4 years and I feel so bad every time my husband wanted to have sex and I would turn him down, but I did not know who to talk to about this, my gynecologist recommend that I see Dawn. Dawn helped me understand my body, and how important it was to feel desire again, so I could get aroused and what I needed to do. Now I no longer have painful sex, and understood why I was having it in the first place. My husband started to come to the sessions with me and from there Dawn helped us to understand how the body matures and what we could do with each other to make the intimacy and the sex pleasureful again. I would recommend her to any woman that wants to have a better sex life and a healthier relationship with her husband!”
“I had issues with erectile dysfunction for many years, and it kept me from having a relationship. I had been to the urologist, but the pills did not work and I felt hopeless. Dr. Michael explained to me why I was having the problem and how I could fix it. After following her advice, and changing the way I was dealing with my issue, I was able to perform again. Thank you so much Dr. Michael for your patience, understanding and not judging me!”
Please leave your comments at the bottom of the page!