In a society where most topics are taboo, Dr. Dawn Michael fills the void by encouraging honest open communication about intimacy, sexuality and how to love each other.
As a recognized expert in the field of relationship counseling, Dr. Michael works to create an environment where individuals feel comfortable asking, and getting information about their most personal issues. Having a relationship with someone you love can be wonderful but at the same time it can also be painful if you don’t know how to understand one another.
Dr. Michael makes it clear that communication is not always just verbal, but non-verbal as well, it is what most couples are to afraid to talk about that keeps them from opening up to one another. Especially when it comes to sexual issues. Sex should be discussed openly and honestly, without guilt, fear or shame. Drawing upon over 15 years of experience working with couples in their relationships, Dr. Dawn Michael teaches couples how to have better communication skills with one another as well as to embrace the positive aspect of the relationship rather than the negative. Dr. Michael is comfortable when speaking about topics, including sexuality, intimacy, relationships issues, and sexual health. Each counseling session with Dr. Michael is solution based and pro-active. Couples learn how to communicate better with one another through proven exercises that Dr. Michael has developed and published. They learn how to be intimate with one another, and most important how to understand one another so that hurt feeling get resolved and replaced by positive feelings towards one another.
To make an appointment fill out contact form below
5 Week Intimacy Counseling Intensive Workshop
If you want to add the passion back into your relationship then this fun intensive course is for you! Understanding the human body and the mind sexually is an area where many people lack important information that can affect their libido and their sex life! Dr. Dawn Michael will address your mind, body, hormones, sexual health, sexual patterns, better sex advice, communication, sex education, fun home assignments and her own proven techniques. Put the sizzle back into the bedroom and throw out the boredom! Learn how to enjoy sex and have fun with each other! Take her 5 week intensive intimacy counseling workshop and be proactive in your relationship!
Includes assessments, intake- release form, booklet, and $50 coupon towards sexy package to try at home!
Note: This program is for couples that have an established loving relationship, but have found that they want to spice up their intimate life, this is not therapy, the course is designed to enhance a relationship and provide a deeper more intimate bond between the couple!
Price includes course assignments, five 50 minute intimacy sessions with Dr. Michael, her published booklet, and couples sexy package coupon.
All sessions much be completed within a 3 month time from date of start, initial evaluation session first not included in price, then payment in full for 5 sessions including package is $799.00 non refundable,or two payments of $450 or three payments of $350.00..
Call to book your appointment today (805) 732-7847 or fill out contact form today!
Clinical Sexology Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr Dawn Michael as a board certified clinical sexologist treats sexual dysfunction, health related sexual issues, due to injury, disability, mental health, sexual trauma, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, pain during intercourse, fetish management, sex education. When an individual is having a sexual issue it can affect all areas of their life. Working through those issues, understanding them, accepting them and finding solutions is what Dr. Dawn Michael offers to her patients.
Common Sexual Problems:
- Delayed Orgasm—-Persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay in or absence of attaining orgasm following sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal, which causes personal distress. (for males nocturnal emission may occur). Delayed orgasm can happen in both men and women. Most delayed orgasm is psychological, but some is related to medication and or health issue.
- Lack of Sexual Arousal - Persistent or recurrent inability to attain or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, causing personal distress. It may be expressed as a lack of subjective excitement, or lack of genital lubrication or swelling in women, erection in males, or other physical responses. Lack of desire can be situational or caused by other health related issues.
- Sexual Aversion Disorder – Aversion to and active avoidance of genital sexual contact with a sexual partner causing marked distress. The individual may experience anxiety, fear and/or disgust.
- Pelvic Pain Disorders – syndromes with various symptoms which often include pain and dysfunction related to urination (including interstitial cystitis), defecation and sexual activity.
- Dyspareunia – Recurrent or consistent genital pain associated with genital intercourse and sexual activity.
- Vaginismus – Recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the musculature of the outer third of the vagina that interferes with vaginal penetration which causes personal distress.
- Vulvodynia (Vulvar Vestibulitis) – is a syndrome that is marked by pain at the opening of the vagina when touched often associated with pain during intercourse.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Recurrent inability to attain and/or maintain a penile erection sufficient for sexual performance (impotence). Most men will experience some from of erectile dysfunction in their lives. Most of the time it is psychological, age related, or a small percentage is health related due to illness or loss of ability.
- Early Ejaculation – Persistent or recurrent occurrence of ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before, on or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it (premature ejaculation). This can be triggered by anxiety, performance anxiety and in a small percentage of men it can happen spontaneously.
- Delayed Ejaculation – Delay in reaching ejaculation during sexual activity. When a man is unable to ejaculate due to psychological issues.
- Erection Problems: Maintaining an erection, losing an erection or the inability to control erection.
- Lack of pleasure during orgasm: Having orgasm but not feeling the same pleasure involved, decrease in sensation, or less pleasurable.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: Occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm.
- Loss of lubrication: Lack of self lubrication in women leading to painful intercourse, and inflammation of the bladder.
- Obsessive sexual thoughts: Anytime a person has sexual thoughts that are creating a feeling of obsession, that may put themselves in harm or harm others, affects their personal or professional life then they should seek treatment.
Comments from clients
“Dawn made it so comfortable for my husband and myself to talk openly about sexual issues in our marriage. We had lost the passion and were having a difficult time expressing that to each other. It had been several years since we really had connected with each other sexually and I was feeling like we were never going to get it back. We had been to marriage counseling which helped a little but it was more about the connection rather than the little problems. Dawn helped us to reconnect in ways that I thought were not possible. Thanks Dr. Michael for helping us find the passion in our marriage again!
“I made the appointment for my wife and myself because I felt like she was not enjoying sex with me anymore and I still felt very attracted to her. After a few sessions with Dawn, my wife began to open up about herself. Dawn gave us home assignments to do that were fun and we had a chance to explore sexuality in a new way. The best part was having my wife back again and feeling like she was enjoying making love to me again. Dawn I thought I would never have my wife back again, but this time around with your help it is even better!”
“Sex had been painful for me for the past 4 years and I feel so bad every time my husband wanted to have sex and I would turn him down, but I did not know who to talk to about this, my gynecologist recommend that I see Dawn. Dawn helped me understand my body, and how important it was to feel desire again, so I could get aroused and what I needed to do. Now I no longer have painful sex, and understood why I was having it in the first place. My husband started to come to the sessions with me and from there Dawn helped us to understand how the body matures and what we could do with each other to make the intimacy and the sex pleasureful again. I would recommend her to any woman that wants to have a better sex life and a healthier relationship with her husband!”
“I had issues with erectile dysfunction for many years, and it kept me from having a relationship. I had been to the urologist, but the pills did not work and I felt hopeless. Dr. Michael explained to me why I was having the problem and how I could fix it. After following her advice, and changing the way I was dealing with my issue, I was able to perform again. Thank you so much Dr. Michael for your patience, understanding and not judging me!”
Please leave your comments at the bottom of the page!