Sexual Health Facts for Women
For a screening of your hormones set up an appointment today for a 30 minute consultation Just $99.00 (805) 492-6123
(does not include saliva test or handling)
1. Just because the vagina may be lubricated it does not indicate that a women is ready for sexual intercourse. The vagina swells and lengthens when in an aroused state. There is erectile tissue inside the vulva and the vagina, the inner lips swell making a cushion around the vulva and inside the vagina. When a women’s vulva is not ready for intercourse it can be painful, and cause irritation to the urethra and pain during intercourse.
2. On average it can take a woman between 20 and 30 minutes to achieve an orgasm. The body needs to be in a relaxed state so that a woman can get to the point where her mind and body connect. About 70% of women do not have vaginal orgasms without direct clitoral stimulation but most can be taught how to so it.
3. Just because the vagina may be lubricated it does not indicate that a women is ready for sexual intercourse. The vagina swells and lengthens when in an aroused state. There is erectile tissue inside the vulva and the vagina, the inner lips swell making a cushion around the vulva and inside the vagina. When a women’s vulva is not ready for intercourse it can be painful, and cause irritation to the urethra and pain during intercourse.
3. Lubrication is extremely important: When using lubrication it is important that it is water based pH balanced lubricant. Silicone lubricant does not absorb into the body. Any flavored lubrication usually contains sugar which can lead to a yeast infection, and should never be put inside the vagina. When a woman’s hormones change it can cause loss of lubrication as well as issues with sexual desire. In that instance a woman should ask for a saliva test for the best results. This test is the most accurate in showing the levels of testosterone, progesterone and estrogen.
4. Sex toys, what you need to know! Often times when sex toys are used incorrectly it can over stimulate the clitoris, and cause sensation loss. Direct clitoral stimulation with intense vibration can desensitize the clitoris. instead it is recommended to use a softer vibration to build up or indirect stimulation to tease and create a more powerful orgasm. There are clitoral legs that are located under the skin that are inside the vagina all the way back towards the cervix. Ask Dr. Michael for her personal recommendation on sex toys……
5. Vaginal health: Vaginal muscle loss can happen to any woman especially women who have had children, or have gone through menopause. The stronger the PC muscles in the vagina the better the orgasm will be. To keep the muscles strong it is recommended to do Kegel exercises, it helps to stop urine leakage and leading to tighter vaginal walls. Women who experience loss of muscle in the vagina can regain it with kegel exercise….
Dr. Michael recommends kegel balls because they do the work for you! Not having regular orgasms can lead to loss of muscle tone and less intense orgasms. It is true what they say, “use it or lose it especially for woman”, and it is not just the strength of the orgasm but also the desire to have one.
LELO shows their new Kegel balls below
An orgasm a day keeps the Dr. away!
6. Having regular orgasms helps to regulate hormones and relieve stress. A Woman’s body after orgasm and nipple stimulation releases oxytocin and dopamine, that creates the desire to want to have orgasms over and over again. When women have sex with a partner and they do not have regular orgasms it can result in her losing her desire to want have sex with her partner. When a woman orgasms with her partner and then cuddles, kisses and caresses she is releasing oxytocin, and this helps her to become more attached to her partner.
7. If a woman is not ready to have sexual intercourse then she should not do it. Women who have continued sex when they do not want to can create pain during intercourse, resentment, and anger. Always respect your own body and keep in mind that if it doesn’t feel good, the body and mind are not physically or emotionally ready to do it. Sex is suppose to be enjoyable and fun!